Wednesday, May 8, 2013

CURIOSITY TRUMPS FEAR. RESULTS JUST ARE!

A few years ago I had to make some changes to my fairly reckless lifestyle to avoid, what I would consider, an early demise. I've actually embraced these changes resulting in my current amazement as to how good all aspects of my life have become. But, like all good things, there has been a catch or two. The most obvious has been the consideration of ideas I'd avoided for decades. While NORMAL thinking for many, I never gave this one a thought: that is, life is short, lots of ground to cover, and spinning my wheels gets me nowhere.

When you were a kid, did your mom ever get you an outfit with a reversible jacket that came with two pairs of pants? Mine did. I picked the side of the jacket and the pair of pants that I wouldn't mind being caught dead in, buried pants # 2 deep in the closet and deemed the other side of the jacket an interesting lining. No play for those guys.

In my own way, I'm attempting to say "fuck all" to my reluctance.

SO, I finished a tri-folding dressing screen in 2002 that never really moved me much. My thinking at the time was, if I kept it tight, clean and unobjectionable in every way, someone might buy it. Nope! It's been taking up space in my studio for over a decade. Every time I look at it, it makes me think my pants were on way too tight at that time. Since this screen has two sides (both pretty much the same), I reworked the unsigned side using curiosity as my main tool. Is it better? Maybe. Did it make me feel good? Why should anyone care about that?
RESULTS JUST ARE.

Boy, that's a lot of yackin' for just a few images.

2002

2013


                                                             













                                                                         


                                                                                   




















                                                                            2013

No comments:

Post a Comment