Sunday, May 11, 2014

Chairs & Genetically Flat-Assed Men

I've been painting chairs for a few decades. Throw paint on a real chair, or do a portrait of a chair, doesn't matter to me. Who the hell knows (or cares) why I keep coming back to chairs? It may have something to do with the fact that I come from a long line of ass-less men, and the comfort of my boney posterior, with it's thin veneer of flesh became important to me  at some point. Or, it may have to do with the recent realization that I've been wrong in thinking I painted stuff that looks cool. I'm pretty sure I paint stuff that looks cool TO ME! This idea is well illustrated by my "sales history". Perhaps other men who's pants will never fit quite right will start knocking down my studio doors for the chance to own something I say looks cool. I won't hold my breath. If I do, my trousers may fall.







This guy's 2&1/2" long 












No comments:

Post a Comment